Enjoy some key points from the article below, written by Jenni Morejon, President & CEO of the Fort Lauderdale Downtown Development Authority.
Downtown Fort Lauderdale is reaching new heights due to its enduring appeal to residents and visitors.
- 6,000 new residents since the start of the pandemic
- 70% increase in kids living downtown
- 64,000+ employees and 5,800+ businesses in Downtown Fort Lauderdale
- Innovative new companies relocated and added their logos to the skyline, including West Marine at 1 East Broward
- New restaurants include Planta, Vicky Bakery, Crema, Fogo de Chao, and so many more
- 8 new hotels added in the past 5 years
- Fort Lauderdale named the nation’s 8th best economy for 2023 and ranked 12th for investor demand
- Condo boom on the way with 600 new condo units
- European-style food hall and cultural center with greenspace set for development
To learn more, view the original article on pages 32-36 of the Las Olas Boulevard & Isles December issue.